Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nike Women's Half Marathon

Earlier this year in April, I ran the US Half Marathon & I remember swearing to myself that if I could just finish training & run the race, I would stop running because I was sick of getting injured & sticking to such a rigid schedule. OBVIOUSLY, I seem to have forgotten my promise to myself because immediately after I finished the US Half Marathon, I signed up for the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October.

I've been gearing up & training in preparation of training (I know...) for the past month or so & will start Hal Higdon's Novice 2 Half Marathon training program next week. I did his Novice 1 training program earlier this year & liked it, so I thought I would push myself & try out the Novice 2. The big difference here is that for Novice 1, I only ran 3 days a week, whereas with the Novice 2, I would be running 4 days a week. This will bump my weekly mileage up a bit & 3 of those running days are back to back, which is a bit daunting since I'm used to having a rest day in between runs. I'll see how it goes & modify as needed. For my cross training, I'll be either walking or doing yoga.


No comments: