Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Macarons!

I went to a macaron class! My neighborhood restaurant AQ offers a couple classes (including one for LAMB BUTCHERING) & since I love their food, I headed over for the macaron class. Which was perfectly timed because I've been dying to make them & just recently acquired all the tools/ingredients to make them this weekend.

It was pretty fun & the pastry chef teaching the class was awesome. She's only 20 & has no formal culinary education, but she was so knowledgeable, friendly, & most importantly, was able to ensure that ALL OF OUR MACARONS TURNED OUT!

 

Excuse my horrible night-time "studio" lighting, but these are my matcha flavored macarons.



My batch came out a little hollow, so I'm going to try to mix the batter more & get it a little runnier, which will hopefully correct the graininess & peaks as well.

No comments: